You’ll have a role in shaping the future of TourConnect.
We’re a young start-up with a team of 9, including 3 engineers, so we’re not looking for a big-company engineering manager. We need someone that’s passionate about solving complex problems, and fired up to design, build, and deploy great solutions. You should be ready to roll up your sleeves and provide technical leadership to a small engineering team. We want you to be just as excited watching your features succeed as you are for your teammate’s code that you helped design and review. Over time, we anticipate growth in our engineering team. As our lead engineer, you will help us find, hire, and develop the key people needed for success.
We’re on a mission to change the travel industry.
TourConnect is a network of tourism companies. We connect travel suppliers (hotels, day tours, etc.) with the wholesalers and travel agents that sell their products. We help companies find the right partners and build tools that make it easier for them to do business once they’re connected. We’re changing the way the industry does business.
We’re looking for the engineering lead to drive our technical vision and execution.
We have thousands of users, and we’ve confirmed the need, demand, and excitement around our visionary product. We’ve built a tremendous amount of industry experience and expertise, which has produced a clear product roadmap, and many ideas for the future. You will be critical in the design, construction, and timing of these new services to ensure we properly execute our vision and deliver what the market needs. Your success will bring new challenges like managing rapid growth on our platform.
We love what we do and take pride in our company culture.
Here are some of our guiding principles:
- We believe in serving others, so we help our customers, and each other, even when there’s no direct benefit to ourselves.
- We believe in building simple, easy-to-use, and reliable software that our customers love.
- We believe in taking the time to build our company, and technology, the right way.
- We believe in the power of metrics and data-driven decision making.
- We strive for a fun, flexible, and casual work environment that produces professional and high quality results.
- We make it home for dinner, but don’t have a problem helping out as a nightcap when needed.
Senior Software Engineer (the technical details)
- Comfortable architecting out a scalable system
- Mongo / NoSQL database design and optimization
- Technical lead on a team of 3 or more – experienced in guiding young engineers
While we’re a small engineering team, support and collaboration will be nearby. We work alongside our sister-company Call-Em-All’s engineering team. Hai Nguyen, a Call-Em-All founder and TourConnect partner, will be available to advise and guide you and your team. Combined, our teams have many years of experience, and are leaders in the technology and startup community in Dallas/Ft Worth – including starting the React Meetup Group here. In addition, the Call-Em-All’s Material-UI project (https://github.com/callemall/material-ui), which we use and have contributed to, has over 20,000 stars on GitHub and is still growing. With your help, we look forward to increasing TourConnect’s impact on all of these endeavours!
One Last Thing
We believe in sharing the wealth. As such, everyone on the TourConnect team, including you, is eligible for equity in the company.
If you’re interested, we’d love to see your work. It could be anything from a side project, your github profile, or a website. Please submit your resume, a cover letter, and any examples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org